Christopher Stroud, MD
Dr. Christopher Stroud has been caring for patients with orthopedic injuries since 1992. He earned his medical degree and completed his orthopedic surgery residency right here in Detroit. In addition, Dr. Stroud received advanced training in sports medicine as a fellow at the University of Chicago, followed by a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery in Milwaukee.
Throughout his career, Dr. Stroud has established himself as an expert in his field, with numerous publications, presentations, and leadership roles. In addition, he is a physician partner for the Avondale High School (Auburn Hills) athletic department. His passion for sports medicine is like an athlete’s love of the game.
In his spare time, Dr. Stroud enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, participating in mountain bike races and cheering on his alma mater, Indiana University.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- Foot & Ankle Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI (1998-1999)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (1997-1998)
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI (1992-1997)
- Medical Degree: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (1988-1992)
- Undergraduate Degree: Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (1984-1988)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Oakland County Medical Society